-Mobile continuation from Xanga blog PinkyGuerrero at PinkyGuerrero, Pinky, Janika, this blog is Basically Clueless, ongoing continuation at blog PinkFeldspar, in that order.
-Most of the graphics and vids click to sources.
-Personal blog for Janika Banks.
 photo README2.gif

Translate

Friday, September 27, 2019

sammies

5 years ago I stopped eating everything wheat after spending 17 days on rescue meds for anaphylactic reactions to the only common thread between 3 meals, which was difficult given that one of the meals only had wheat in the form of soy sauce. Once I purged all wheat, the reactions stopped happening, but it took awhile for my body to calm down.

I hadn't had a sandwich in 5 years until this week. I missed them terribly.

I couldn't sleep several nights ago and spent hours looking up random things popping into my mind. I started searching out gluten free sandwich bread. It is notoriously hard to get a good bread for a sandwich without wheat.

I finally sifted them down to 3. One is potato based, starting with mashed potatoes. Another is cream cheese and egg white based. The third is a buttermilk quick bread that someone figured out with the sugar left out, of all things.

That buttermilk quick bread was kinda like a denser biscuit in loaf form, but sliced better after being refrigerated, and aged well in flavor. I've had it twice now as open face egg and cheese sandwich, which, after 5 years, was heavenly.

That quick bread has variations, so next time I make it I'm going to add onion powder, grated cheese, and oregano/basil kind of stuff. I imagine it will taste a bit like a Red Lobster signature biscuit. I think that will give a really nice flavor to a sandwich next time I eat one.

I'm still doing really well with my one pint per month ice cream law, and I'm not regaining any of the weight I lost feeling ill, which is still going on. I'm managing to get veggies in every day, too, and believe it or not, holding the coffee to one cup pretty good.

Had a 6 month with my psychiatrist, and he said stick with my low dose 3x per day xanax while I'm dealing with the extra stress I'm feeling about my dad on top of still daily caring for a grandchild in my home on top of chronic health issues like severe fibro and arthritis. Took a few years to actually get a blessing on this med after years of low dose and then detox off and then clean for a couple years, but my options are so limited. It's hard to treat for both pain and mood disorder without complications, so xanax is the fallback.

My fren...

(insert every xanax meme ever)

I wanna go write more Lexx stuff but I keep winding up in minecraft. Do you know how many years I've been working around an exploded lifestyle? Yes, my entire Pinky public life, plus off and on brilliance elsewhere, and damn if I didn't just catch a shadow hit again.


Did I ever mention the time I was working on something in a draft and literally caught the page scrolling so I wrote STOP SCROLLING MY PAGE and it stopped?

Where was I? Anyway, I used to have this life where I thinked stuff and writed stuff and enjoyed wording and stuff, and now I'm running around killing mobs and bossing players and very slowly dredging out a slime farm under my shop.

I'm not sure where forward is from here, but HEY I ATE A SANDWICH TONIGHT.

Total badass.


No comments:

Post a Comment